jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you think the use of animals in sports and entertainment should be banned?

1. pankaj3625 profile image73
    pankaj3625posted 8 years ago

Do you think the use of animals in sports and entertainment should be banned?

2. Uzdawi profile image72
    Uzdawiposted 8 years ago

Yes, because some animals are being tortured for money and for fun.I think it should be a crime to use them in entertainment.But in sports it depends about how the animals are treated and trained.

3. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Depends. Sports such as weight pull, agility, and flyball are not harmful if the handler is properly trained and educated on the sport, and the dog is properly trained and not overworked.

Sports such as cock fighting and dog fighting are far more dangerous and should not be allowed, hence why they're illegal.

Entertainment purposes such as racing a cheetah or whatever that reality show was where attributes of animals were compared to the fastest man, strongest, etc. Are ridiculous in my opinion, but as long as no one or no animal is hurt, I guess there's no reason why it's bad.

4. profile image51
    crackmonkeyposted 8 years ago

It depends on how they're treated.  I think anything that involves animals fighting should be banned.  Fighting is something animals do in the wild.  they fight for food and survival, not for our entertainment.

5. topshelf profile image55
    topshelfposted 8 years ago

yes they weren't put on this earth to be used in that way.

6. Nikki Minaj profile image49
    Nikki Minajposted 7 years ago

no because animals need to do sports.if people r hurting themthen yes

7. outdoorsguy profile image56
    outdoorsguyposted 7 years ago

no.

I wonder how many people would tell you that they watched a movie, show or Circus act and came away inspired or in awe of an animal.

if you want to help.. start helping people.  maybe set up classes at shelters to help young new pet owners learn how to treat and train their new loved one. 

set up alternatives to dumping pets and Trained animals that are no longer used or needed.   Hell set up a retirement center for Entertainment animals.  so people stop dumpng them or killing them.  its a hell of lot better use of your time than fighting thru court to lose in the first place.  and at least you know the animals is in good hands if you have it.

8. Lucky Cats profile image78
    Lucky Catsposted 7 years ago

YES!!  I do not support the use of animals for entertainment.  Usually, in "sports," the animal is run to exhaustion or, in the case of "rodeo," literally abused for the crowd to gawk at and cheer.  Young calfs are chased by aggressive, mean kids then roped and forced to slam to the ground and tied up in the heat and dust to the roar of the crowd.  Bulls genitalia are pulled and squeezed (as are 'broncos') which makes them more aggressive and so, more "entertaining" for the crowd.  Grayhound racing is obscene, oftentimes using live 'bait' to encourage the dogs to run faster.  The dogs are thrown away after they are no longer entertaining.  Bears, chimps, etc. were not born for our entertainment.  Yet, we continue to act as thought these living sentient beings are toys for our pleasure. 

Any time we force an animal to act other than naturally, we are abusing that creature.  If we cage, prod, or in anyway taunt an animal to achieve our desired response; we are acting outside of that animal's natural tendency.

Shame on us~!

9. DaMan92 profile image62
    DaMan92posted 7 years ago

it depends on whether the animal is being harmed or not while participating in the sport.

If the animal is safe then i am all for it being involved in that sport

10. rindha profile image56
    rindhaposted 7 years ago

yes they shudnt allow any cruelty..but as long as the animal is having fun and not being dragged beyond its comfort zone its fine to involve them in sports...

working