Hubs on your animal rescue experiences

1. ethel smith profile image78
    ethel smithposted 8 years ago

Hubs on your animal rescue experiences

I recently thought I was asking a particular writer a question but it arrived here. The answers have been inspiring. So I would like to ask those who answered and other hubbers to share their animal rescue experiences in Hubs please.

2. Steppeno profile image77
    Steppenoposted 8 years ago

I live in beautiful Northeast Georgia where we have a lot of national forest land as well as massive privately owned acreage that isn't allowed to be hunted, therefore we tend to have an over population of deer which sometimes cause traffic accidents resulting in the deer being killed. Certain times of the year (usually late spring and early summer), does will be trying to cross the road with their young and get hit by cars. The Forestry Service suggest calling them when this happens and there are abandoned fawns, but we found out that they euthanize these baby deer, so instead of calling The Forestry Service, we have our own private network of volunteers willing to take in the young deer and raise them until they are old enough to survive on their own. The young buck in my profile photo is one such deer we managed to rescue this spring, and has since been returned to the wild. It is actually illegal to do what we are doing according to The National Forestry Service, and we could face fines or imprisonment if caught... But sometimes you just have to follow your heart and do whats' right...

3. Laura in Denver profile image80
    Laura in Denverposted 8 years ago

Great idea! please see http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Pet-Rescue-St … Legged-Dog for a Depression-era pet rescue story.

Closed to reply

working