jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What to name a pet dog?

1. LOT2DO profile image36
    LOT2DOposted 8 years ago

What to name a pet dog?

2. aurora112368 profile image60
    aurora112368posted 8 years ago

I usually let my pets name themselves, for example I have a bllodhound named bashful, because when we first got her she would hide in a corner, and peek aroud from behind her ears to see us. I have a chocolate colored goat named kisses because she would kiss me on the chin when I picked her up to feed her.  I had a cat named sultan because he had a white face with a black mustache, and goatee, have a white cat with markings like a butterfly on her head so we call her butterfly.
    I just look for behaviors and markings that stand out and then pick words that represent that characteristic. until I find 1 that has a ring to it that I like

3. Jersey Jess profile image58
    Jersey Jessposted 8 years ago

Max, Buddy, Sally, ... You can always name it now and give it another "nickname" later, based on its interests and what it does. For example, I have a cat who is 9 years old. I named her Whiskers then, and call her Twitchy because her back twitches sometimes, and call her Mushy, because she "got mush" all over her "mush" after she eats her soft food. Good luck!

4. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Give it a one or two syllable name only.  Something you can holler easily loudly to call it to you from a distance.  And no cutesy names PLEASE!  The dog won't know any difference, but anyone hearing you will correctly regard you as a doofus.

5. Vampire crazy profile image59
    Vampire crazyposted 8 years ago

It would depend on the kind of dog it is. There are plenty of names, though... the hardest part is picking your favorite!