If your pet was injured and the veterinary costs were going to be $1000.00+, would you pay or...
would you have your pet put to sleep?
We consider our homes to be a safe haven for our pets, however many are poisoned each day by substances found in our households. At a turn of an eye, your pet can ingest something unexpectedly and an emergency trip to the vet will be your next destination. Having your pet insured would ease one of your troubles and you can proceed to do what is medically necessary to help your pet instead of worrying about how much treatment you can afford.
Pet insurance claims involving accidental ingestion or poisonings occur each and every day. Just last Monday, we paid four claims relating to poisonings including a $430.86 vet bill to treat a dog for ingestion of gopher bait! Occurrences of accidental poisonings range anywhere from over-the-counter prescriptions, fertilizer and anti-freeze, to rodenticide, household cleaners, and even household plants! All it takes is for one pill to be dropped on the floor, a cleaner to be spilled, or a “harmless” piece of chocolate left on the table. Poisonings and ingestion of harmful substances and materials can range from less than a hundred dollars to several hundred, depending on several factors such as quantity consumed and what the poison was.
You should be cautious of where you store any pharmaceuticals, human food such as chocolate, household cleaners, plants, and other hazardous chemicals. What can you do if you suspect your pet ingested something harmful? Call your vet immediately. Accidents do happen and having your furry pal insured will increase their chances of being treated properly, while you remain worry free of your vet bill.
i am a bloger not a answerer ok
We've had several $1,000 plus pet surgeries and while it is never any fun, I believe you take on the same responsibility when having a pet as you do with a child. As long as it isn't going to leave you unable to support yourself, it is probably a good idea to pay it unless the animal will still be suffering after all is said and done.
Thanks for the comments, they are great. I should add that my pet is not injured, it's just a question to see how many pet owners would spend the money. Personally, I have spent the money; and, would again if needed. My pets are my family. They get the best.
by sarasca5 years ago
How much is too much to spend on veterinary care for an ill or injured pet?If your pet was sick or hurt, do you have a maximum amount you would spend on care for the animal? Would you seek care at all or just...
by tlmcgaa706 years ago
Why do so many pet owners with seriously sick or injured pets ask people on the internet what they?should do about their pets? I like answering questions about pet care and I have a great deal of information I have...
by Janice Moses6 months ago
How many ways can your pet be injured while traveling in your vehicle.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.