jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do so many pet owners with seriously sick or injured pets ask people on the

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image76
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

Why do so many pet owners with seriously sick or injured pets ask people on the internet what they?

should do about their pets? I like answering questions about pet care and I have a great deal of information I have learned over the years of rescuing cats that I am more than willing to share...but I actually dislike going to the pet section in yahoo answers any more as it seems almost every question is either what to do about a sick or injured pet or a pregnant one...my GOSH, what is this workld coming to that people must ask what to do when it is obvious the pet needs a vet...

2. tarrka1089 profile image60
    tarrka1089posted 6 years ago

I agree - similar situation here on HP.  Luckily the author took the advice from myself and another hubber.  It save the pet's life, but it does make you wonder.

3. DrPPoorluk profile image59
    DrPPoorlukposted 6 years ago

It could have something to do with the economy. More and more do it yourselfers are evolving every day because they can't afford professionals. Same could be true when fluffy is sick. Vets can definitely cost you. So jump online and probably get marginal advice. Not that it's smart, but that's my guess.

4. somethingsimple profile image59
    somethingsimpleposted 6 years ago

I work at a big chain pet store... people bring me sick and injured pets all the time asking what to do. I don't really understand this behavior either, but I invariably tell them the same thing - take them to a vet! The next question is almost always " how much do you think it'll cost?"

working