jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

My bunny rabbit eat some poinsettias leaves

1. profile image51
    Miossotysposted 7 years ago

My bunny rabbit eat some poinsettias leaves

What should I do?
    Extremely worried ..Can't afford to pay vet.

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I shouldn't worry about it, all the tests seem to indicate that poinsttias aren't toxic.
    Is it not irresponsible to keep a pet if you have to ask a bunch of amateurs because you can't afford the vet?

3. puebloman profile image60
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

Yes MickS is right. If you can't afford the vet you can't afford the animal.

4. jennbaker1313 profile image53
    jennbaker1313posted 7 years ago

Poinsettias typically grown for American households for holiday decoration are not very toxic in small amounts. It is the non-hybrid and wild species that are highly toxic. Monitor your pet. If it quits eating, drinking, pooping, or is acting lethargic you *must* take it to the vet.

In the mean time, look at the House Rabbit Society's website (www.rabbit.org) for good information on rabbit care and poisonous plants.

Also consider getting your rabbit pet insurance. It is affordable and takes away worry when there is an emergency.  Vet Pet Insurance is the one I use for my menagerie.

I hope this helps and I hope your bunny will be fine.

5. profile image51
    Miossotysposted 7 years ago

Thank you very much Jennbaker I will follow  your advise

6. profile image46
    bunnykhloeposted 7 years ago

Hi, I have a bunny named Khloe and she has eaten some pretty dangerous things in her 2 month lifetime. Do not start to worry unless the bunny is showing symtoms of poisoned Ex nauseu puking anorexia etc. If she/he does, there are plenty of options. You can take it to a shelter and they might donate help or a dicount or you ca take it to a person that raises ad takes care of them for a living for veterinary help. I hope I have been of help today annd good luck!