jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What is wrong with my rabbit?? please help

1. profile image47
    thehertler97posted 6 years ago

What is wrong with my rabbit?? please help

i have a 6 month old rabbit named Pip Squeak and he cant walk very well and leans to his left side and falls alot and his left ear is down but his right ear is up and its mother bit of the tip of his right ear I felt his legs but they don't seem to be broken and he also shakes alot and rolls over on his back and cant get up I cant afford to take him to the vet please get back to me

2. Mr Grimwig profile image56
    Mr Grimwigposted 6 years ago

I'm not an expert on rabbit care, so I can't really answer your question, but your rabbit needs to go to the vet. Since you mentioned that you can't afford it, you could contact a rabbit care organization or rescue that could help. Rabbits get very ill very quickly, and I really think Pip Squeak needs to go to the vet.

3. ShootersCenter profile image73
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

Sounds like your rabbit has some type of ear infection, rabbits have a short life span and are easily injured or diseased. The longest we ever had one make it was 9yrs. most avg only 3, I would guess that if you don't take it to the vet soon it'll die.

1. bizgrrl profile image74
      bizgrrlposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wow, 9 years is good! The lifespan is 8-10 years for pet rabbits.

4. Honest Reality profile image59
    Honest Realityposted 6 years ago

Yes, he should go to the vet, and maybe there is a low cost one or you can pay payments. It does seem like maybe he has a neurological problem or an inner ear problem. An inner ear problem would cause balance problems, while the rest of his body is fine. However he does need to go to the vet.

5. bizgrrl profile image74
    bizgrrlposted 2 years ago

You need to take him to the vet. Obviously something is up. If you can't afford a vet, then you shouldn't have gotten him in the first place.

working