jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do Santa and a bunny rabbit get more attention than Jesus?

1. Levertis Steele profile image84
    Levertis Steeleposted 6 years ago

Why do Santa and a bunny rabbit get more attention than Jesus?

While I was growing up, Santa and the Easter Bunny were two of the most important characters in my life. When I discovered at 13(!) that they were not real, I cried and wondered why my parents lied to me. My dad died when I was a girl. I wish that I could have thanked him for the gifts he bought me. Instead, I praised Santa for being so kind. I can never turn back the clock.

2. Lord De Cross profile image83
    Lord De Crossposted 6 years ago

One of our Hubbers came out with this questions and felt cheated at a young age, when the truth came out.

Why is that Santa and This Easter bunny get all the attention than even Jesus, God's almighty begotten son? read more

3. rickzimmerman profile image80
    rickzimmermanposted 6 years ago

Christmas: everything fun & frothy & frivolous Illustration by Rick Zimmerman Perhaps, like a number of your fellow citizens, you have marveled during various seasons of year why Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny seem to eclipse Jesus in the... read more

4. profile image50
    Giddy Geezerposted 5 years ago

Don't feel bad for not thanking your dad. Believe me he got his thanks when he watched you open those gifts with wide-eyed wonder. As a parent those are the moments we live for. That is why we let you believe in that little piece of magic for a while. Those precious moments are so fleeting, so much better than just handing a child a gift and getting a thank you. It helps us to relive a little bit of our own childhood wonderment as well. Santa lives in the spirit of Christmas and in giving. Yes, Christmas is about Jesus' birthday and we should never forget that but I don't believe Jesus would find anything wrong with a jolly old man in a red suit making children happy in the spirit of giving. Remember Jesus loves little children very much and I am sure he loves to see their happy little faces open their gifts on His birthday!