jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My dog is 7 yrs and she is Itching very badly for a couple of months. I feed her

1. profile image47
    chcgochicposted 7 years ago

My dog is 7 yrs and she is Itching very badly for a couple of months. I feed her Alpo dry food ever

since she was a yr old. There are so many flakes and I have not changed my use of chemicals I am bathing her in Earthbath Oatmea and Aloe it is all natural and nothing is helping at first I thought it might be the flea medicne so after 30 days I did not use it any mor I have tried dandruff shampoo. I hope you can help me everyone says it could be her food

2. patdmania profile image56
    patdmaniaposted 7 years ago

A lot of dogs have dry skin.  A good thing to try is vitamin E and fish oil.  You can buy both of them at the drug store.  Pour both of these onto her food.   Depending on her weight, you will want 1 for a small dog and 3 for a large dog everyday.  This will help promote healthier, more moist, and shinier fur and skin.  If your dog has spots of dry skin, you can break open the vitamin E pill and pour it on the spot.  Good luck with your dog.  If it continues, i would take her in to the vet as a precaution.

3. RENOTHEP2 profile image60
    RENOTHEP2posted 7 years ago

4. maolaun profile image83
    maolaunposted 7 years ago

Hi chcgochic! I'm actually just writing a hub on dog food allergies and noticed this question. I was wondering if adding vitamin E and fish oil resolved this issue she was having? If not I would get her off of Alpo and start making her food yourself. Its actual quite easy. Just like us, dogs can develop allergies anytime. Please let me know how she's doing and if you want some advice on what to feed her, I'm an expert! But not a professional. I've gotten two of my pets through food allergies and it can be difficult.