jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If your dog wants to bite someone you do not like, should you let him?

1. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

If your dog wants to bite someone you do not like, should you let him?

2. Jaggedfrost profile image79
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

I don't think I have a dog that I like enough not to have the carted off to animal control and the end up in court on charges of assault when I had feed my pesky neighbor to them on a silver platter.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

No, if you don't dislike the person enough to bite them yourself, it's not worth leaving a bad taste in your faithful canine's mouth.

4. Doggie Devotee profile image60
    Doggie Devoteeposted 7 years ago

it is never ok to allow your dog to bite someone. they only way i feel that it's ok is if someone breaks into your house with a gun and is going to rob you or hurt you. other than that one sould never encourage or allow their dog to bite someone. also i agree with Jaggedfrost.

5. Bat eyes profile image56
    Bat eyesposted 7 years ago

I don't think it is ever okay to let your dog bite someone!

6. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Yes, I really think you'd better. Otherwise he might bite you!

7. Nfrazier93 profile image54
    Nfrazier93posted 7 years ago

No, you should not let him bite someone you do not like!!!!  This only reinforces the myth that Pits, especially, are "bad dogs", good only for euthanasia.  This also teaches dogs in general that biting is permitted under any circumstances; what happens if you are not around the next time your dog "wants to bite someone," will he know whether or not you want him to bite that person?  That will lead to enormous medical bills, and an increase in homeowners insurance, and possibly having to have your dog "put down".  Teach him there are other ways of getting rid of those you don't want around.