jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Purebred or mix dog?

1. bigdogacb profile image75
    bigdogacbposted 7 years ago

Purebred or mix dog?

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Mixed! At least, I've only ever had a couple of purebred dogs, and many many mixed. The biggest thing for me is the individual animal rather than its breed, as well as the animal's needs. If the animal is sitting in a shelter needing an understanding human to give it a loving home, it's always going to have priority to me over the cute little puppy that was purposefully bred to make the owner money or even to continue the better qualities of a breed. Whether the animal that needs me is a mixed breed or purebred makes no difference to me, only whether we have personalities that will get along well together.

3. mdscoggins profile image84
    mdscogginsposted 7 years ago

Depends on what you are looking for. I bought a hybrid which is a mix that can be registered usually poodle mixes. She is a maltipoo which is a maltese poodle mix and she is wonderful. She is protective and loving and is like a little baby wrapped in one beautiful black package. Black ones are hard to locate they are usually white but I did not want the eye stains that poodles and maltese usually have.

4. doodlebugs profile image82
    doodlebugsposted 5 years ago

There are many benefits to adopting a mixed breed dog from a shelter. Author Billips wrote a touching Hub about this subject. http://billips.hubpages.com/hub/Rescued-Dogs