jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do Animals Feel Sad When One Of Their Own Dies?

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Do Animals Feel Sad When One Of Their Own Dies?

Do Animals, Other Than Humans, Feel Sad When One Of Their Own Dies? Do Animals Experience Psychological Pain and Depression?

2. Jhonseena profile image56
    Jhonseenaposted 7 years ago

Yes, They also feel pain and depression like a human.

3. LadyWriter profile image76
    LadyWriterposted 7 years ago

Yes I'm sure they do.  I once saw a male pheasant whose mate had just been run over, he was going frantic, circling round her and flapping his wings - it was very sad :-(

4. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

YES,they have a great portion of intellect that is given to all species by God,but not as great as humans.
    The only difference is....we can communicate with God and have certain abilities that they don't.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image99
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

Yes, in some cases. Pets will definitey show sadness when a companion dies. I've seen both bird and squirrels run back to an injured mate and try to help it. When the mate died, the other one seemed quite distressed.
    Wild animals, unlike humans or domestic pets, move on very quickly and don't seem to care unless the dead one is a mate or a sibling.   As an example, the members of a herd are not going to care if one goes down by a predator. The are too busy responding to the instinct of danger.

working