jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Help with selecting a pet dog

1. ayurveda profile image77
    ayurvedaposted 7 years ago

Help with selecting a pet dog

Need to get a pet dog. That need not be too ferocious, but shall be able to do watchman's duty. shall be good looking and not much expensive.

2. nicehubs profile image38
    nicehubsposted 7 years ago

I would contact the Humane Society of America. Just Google them. They will for sure direct you to the right animal shelter and will match you with a good dog for your needs. That way you will be getting a new best (and most loyal) friend while giving a dog a loving home. Good luck to you and your new dog.

3. PR Morgan profile image60
    PR Morganposted 7 years ago

I know Beagles are very popular.  They are cute and loving but also have excellent hearing and a loud bark...especially the males.  I have two Shih Tzu's.  They are very cute and loving...but they don't bark very loud or often.  Expense wise a mix breed will be cheaper.  Maybe if you go to a shelter and they may have a mix that has a good bark and good disposition.  Good luck!

4. Puppyluv profile image72
    Puppyluvposted 7 years ago

Pit Bulls and Rottweilers are always made out to be ferocious beasts, but working at an Animal Hospital, I see many more ferocious Chihuahua's than Pit Bulls or Rottweilers.  That being said, you can have a very sweet, loving family pet in one of those breeds, but with their reputation, people seem to be afraid of them.  The animal shelters are filled to the brim with Pit Bulls, so adopting one is better than buying one and much cheaper at that.  Get yourself a loving Pit Bull and no one will want to break into your home. smile

working