jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

what can i do to help a cat with a UTI

1. profile image45
    lesleysposted 7 years ago

what can i do to help a cat with a UTI

2. zzron profile image56
    zzronposted 7 years ago

I would call the vet.............................

3. alexadry profile image95
    alexadryposted 7 years ago

the only ultimate cure is to have your vet run a urinalysis and get her on antibiotics. the more you wait the harder it will be to treat You can  help giving her lots of water, best wishes! if you can try to collect a urine sample for your vet , best wishes!.

4. Cumbesef profile image60
    Cumbesefposted 7 years ago

I am no vet...but I have had cats for many years.  I do not feed them inexpensive dry food.  I feed them canned foods.  There seems to be something associated with dry food that leaves them more prone to UTI's... not sure what it is. 

I also give my cat a teaspoon of Cod Liver Oil once a month for hair balls that build in the digestive tract.  They seem to like it so it is quite easy to get them to take it - and it does the trick!

5. Patmar United profile image56
    Patmar Unitedposted 7 years ago

You need to take your cat to the vet to have him or her properly diagnosed and treated.

6. FloBe profile image81
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

One of my cats had UTI because of a turkey allergy in the food...the only way to treat it was through antibiotics...then his bowels got impacted and had to have an enema...not good! But, he was okay after that and recovered fully. I was much more careful about what I fed my cats after that. Better to spend a bit more on good food than on vet bills.