jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What kind of dog do you have and how often do you bathe him/her?

1. L a d y f a c e profile image77
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

What kind of dog do you have and how often do you bathe him/her?

2. MimiKat33 profile image75
    MimiKat33posted 7 years ago

I have a German Shepherd and he is bathed two times a year; any more wouldn't be good for his coat and skin.

3. Donna Janelle profile image72
    Donna Janelleposted 7 years ago

I have a maltese/shih tzu mix, and she gets a bath every week or two because she has longer hair, and gets smelly and dirty if we do it any less. We do have to use a gentle puppy shampoo and conditioner to avoid drying out her skin and hair.

4. glutathionetips profile image63
    glutathionetipsposted 7 years ago

I have a Husky. She is about 2 years old now. We typically bathe her every 1-2 months or if shes stinky.

5. profile image45
    iolopalwsaposted 7 years ago

I have a Welsh Border Collie - she needs bathing at least once per month as she's a house-dog (and extra when she's just rolled in something horrid!).  She has sensitive skin so I give cod liver oil capsules as part of her regular diet (this seems to stop her skin getting itchy, )and only use good quality dog shampoo for sensitive skins.

6. rogermac profile image82
    rogermacposted 7 years ago

I have a Beagle and used to have to give him a bath almost every day before we began proper training. He was always rolling in what he shouldn't and always stank like a hiena.
    Now, seeing that he's a bit more civilized he takes a bath once a month, but we're aiming for once every 2 months.

7. ELeeH profile image68
    ELeeHposted 7 years ago

I have a mastiff-mix and a Catahoula leopard dog (like a border collie). Both get baths about every 2 to 3 months. I would like once a month, but the mastiff HATES it and it is a real pain.

working