jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you like Guinea Pigs? P.s. In Chile they eat them! :P

1. Iontach profile image85
    Iontachposted 7 years ago

Do you like Guinea Pigs? P.s. In Chile they eat them! tongue

I have a bunch of them here in my house, lovely little things. They just had their first batch of babies two days after Xmas. smile

2. john.jackson profile image72
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

I am very fond of guinea pigs and have had three of them. I think that they are very high up there in the best pets that you can have, since they are very low maintainance and yet make such adorable animals. I used to be very shocked by the fact that they eat them in South America, but having thought about it, it must seem very normal over there, since we eat small animals like chicken and even rabbits and pigeons sometimes over here in the UK

3. finatics profile image81
    finaticsposted 6 years ago

I love guinea pigs! They're the funniest and laziest pets alive. However, are you breeding your cavies? I don't recommend it, as there is already a guinea pig overpopulation problem, and it can be dangerous for the sow. Check out this link:

http://www.cavyspirit.com/breeding.htm

Hope this helps! smile

4. akeezer profile image83
    akeezerposted 6 years ago

Late since you asked this almost a year ago, but I like guinea pigs even wrote a little hub about them. Not exactly my favorite pet since they don't do much, but I loved the little noises they make (except when I was trying to sleep).

working