jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it okay for a guinea pig to be curious of food that they can not eat?

1. profile image47
    princesspeac_958posted 7 years ago

Is it okay for a guinea pig to be curious of food that they can not eat?

My 10 month old male guinea pig is very loud when it comes to bananas, which I don't let him eat becuase of high potaissum. What should I  do. I am usally a softie when it comes too animals.

2. Mikeydoes profile image77
    Mikeydoesposted 7 years ago

Smoking is bad for people but they live for 100 years. It all depends on the animal.

I would be careful, and give little amounts if you must. My dog ate a whole chocolate cake and cans and many other things she got off the table. She is 12 and still kicking.

3. profile image47
    miklanderson2posted 7 years ago

Your guinea pig is probably just checking to see if it's something edible. As long as it isn't eating something that can harm it, it will be OK.

4. TheSloneGal profile image60
    TheSloneGalposted 6 years ago

well of course it is ok for him to be curious I mean we humans are always curious about things that we should not do but we try it any ways. that is just the way of any living creature

Mikeydoes have the right idea give little amounts and that should not hurt it at all just limit things to it and if it does not like it then you have no worries and never have to worry about it wanting it any more ?

working