jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

When dog food is new with improved taste, who tests it?

1. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

When dog food is new with improved taste, who tests it?

2. HattieMattieMae profile image62
    HattieMattieMaeposted 7 years ago

um hopefully not people! lol That would just be bad!

3. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 7 years ago

Love the question , wish I had seen it a few minutes earlier when my husband was here !!

Not me thanks ! Maybe they have test dogs !

4. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

This may sound strange but I have tried dog food. I owned dogs, worked with dogs and trained dogs thus, I was curious to see what their food tastes like so I tried some of the dry food. It is quite tasteless, hard, rough and ya ... just boring in my opinion.
    LOL @ HattieMattieMae - It's not that bad. Try it and you'll see. I lived ...

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

They have a kennels of dogs that test food.

6. Jalapeno10 profile image78
    Jalapeno10posted 7 years ago

This question just made me laugh and think too. Who do you think? For me, when there is an improvement in a certain dog food product, before a conclusion is to be made, they might be undergoing a sort of study or experiment. Let's say, when the dogs like to eat the new product much, then definitely there's is something improved in the food. Although this can't be concluded in just a day, maybe, the study is done in a series of days and see if the appetite of the dogs will change. smile

7. platinumOwl4 profile image74
    platinumOwl4posted 7 years ago

We would like to think they bring in a group of dogs and observe how they eat the new and improve dog food. However, it's unclear who the real guinea pigs are.

8. ave212 profile image58
    ave212posted 7 years ago

People test pet food! It may sound disgusting but people are actually paid to test the flavour and smell of pet food. Animal testers are of course also used but the initial tests have to be performed by humans. Dog and cat food is totally edible but because its not everyone's chosen meal time treat you can be paid pretty well to be a tester! Yum!

working