jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

How often do you feed your dog?

1. Kimme Owens profile image60
    Kimme Owensposted 6 years ago

How often do you feed your dog?

Some allow constant access to food, while others have specific feeding times, with a limited portion. What is your preferred method for feeding your dog?

2. perfumer profile image73
    perfumerposted 6 years ago

I feed my dog (min-pin) four times a day, soft food twice and hard food twice alternately about every five/six hours.

3. profile image0
    Memories1932posted 6 years ago

I feed my border collie three times a day plus snacks between meals. He has seizures and this works well for him.

4. HealthyPetNetwork profile image58
    HealthyPetNetworkposted 6 years ago

Our family eats one home cooked meal a day and grazes on a high quality dry food during the day

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

We feed twice a day because we have a young, high energy lab among others.  We would free feed, which to me is ideal, but we have two dogs that would eat themselves to death if left unattended with endless food.

6. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

I feed my 2 newfoundland dogs once in the morning and then again at dinner time.

7. Kaleolani profile image61
    Kaleolaniposted 6 years ago

I feed my little Alana two times a day. Once in the morning and dinner time, and snacks in between.

8. Miss Paula profile image40
    Miss Paulaposted 6 years ago

Are dog gets feed twice a day, because if they have food all day they could become over weight.

9. profile image0
    njsherryposted 6 years ago

I feed him a big bowl in the morning and he eats when he is hungry. He is also a veggie monster and gets lots of those daily while I am cooking!

10. Pamela Sarzana profile image59
    Pamela Sarzanaposted 6 years ago

Some dogs are prone to become overweight. So leaving food out for them all day is not a good Idea.

Measured amounts of food can prevent this, and can be split up in to meals through out the day.

Walk your dog, they need, and enjoy this time out side.

11. Mayaanjali profile image68
    Mayaanjaliposted 6 years ago

Three meals- breakfast lunch  and dinner.
    All measured portions of food but divided into three time slots -its a lot of hardwork but its the price you pay for having a pet.

12. kat11 profile image60
    kat11posted 6 years ago

I usually feed our dog a cup of dry dog food in the evening  and replenish the water with fresh. I also give him fresh water in the morning. The food is there so he can eat when he wants.

13. frle profile image72
    frleposted 6 years ago

It depends on type of dog. Large high energy dogs need to feed at least two times a day while small dogs need less...

14. pen_addict profile image57
    pen_addictposted 6 years ago

I don't have a dog, but I think you should feed it atleast 4 times a day. One in the morning, one at noon. Then in the evenignas a snack. Then finally at dinnertime.

15. sean kinn profile image60
    sean kinnposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5121611_f260.jpg

Once a day, in the evening so he doesn't go to bed hungry. He gets snacks all day long from the minute he awakes, so I think I'm doing it the right way. He gets walked for miles every day, too, so he's pretty healthy.

16. Dexter Yarbrough profile image80
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 6 years ago

For our golden retriever, we feed her once in the morning and once in the evening. Her portions are measured. We give snacks occasionally. She is very happy.

working