My hamsters leg has a broken leg its healing but causing itching and is swollen

1. hashimocco profile image51
    hashimoccoposted 6 years ago

My hamsters leg has a broken leg its healing but causing itching and is swollen

hi.. I have a pet hamster .. jerry coz he is sooo naughty.. he broke his leg .. I had taken him to the vet  he said his leg wont heal but he will be fine with three legs.. his fracture is healing though misalinged ... but in the healing process while he was itching it he mistakenly bit his foot and its swollen now.. I consulted the vet again .. he gave me antibiotics and cetrizine drops but I dont know how to give em to him.. he doesnt like them..
    i love him most in my life.. n he z such a lively spirit .. I  want him to get well soon ... if therez nethng u can help me in this ...

2. mary_eliz_08 profile image57
    mary_eliz_08posted 6 years ago

I'm so sorry that happened, that's horrible! You can buy a teeny tiny medicine dropper at Wal-Mart pharmacy section, and give him the medicine that way - or your vet might have one to give you. I hope he feels better soon!

3. hashimocco profile image51
    hashimoccoposted 6 years ago

hey mary thnks!! he is much better !! i had to mix a lil honey in his water to make him drink dat horrible med,,, sad but he z fyn now smile

working