jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you feel about the breeding of animals? Snakes, Sugar Gliders, Dogs, Cats

1. Nspeel profile image77
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

How do you feel about the breeding of animals? Snakes, Sugar Gliders, Dogs, Cats, Everything?

2. profile image0
    lostwithinmyselfposted 6 years ago

I have 3 cats two male one female, but i have them done as i don't think its fair for cat's to have kittens after kittens and not right for my male ones going around getting other cat's pregnant. There is too many unwanted animals in the word as it is. x

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

It’s an ancient technique that has helped human progress over many centuries. This is not much different from agriculture. Personally, I am only against the idea that people breed certain dogs to become cute, defenseless little teacup toys for purely aesthetic reasons. It speaks to the decadence of the human ego that any animal, plant, or person should be made to serve our own frivolous purposes. Anyone shallow enough to treat animals like toys probably thinks of other people as mere toys as well.

4. Jonesy0311 profile image62
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I can't speak for more exotic species, but there is no reason to breed dogs and cats anymore. We already have too many strays, especially in the "Billy Bob" states. I have never and will never buy an animal from a breeder. I have already rescued two dogs from puppy mills and find the practice disgusting.

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Snakes, and sugar gliders ( I do not even know what they are) buffalo, eagles........all wild animals are beyond our control.

If  you are going to proclaim yourself, as the owner of a domesticated animal, dog or cat......you take on a responsibilty, to either feed their  young, or prevent their being unwanted and unprovided for.

It is one thing to sell an extra egg or gallon of milk, it is quiet another, to determine that the animal must " perform" a breeding act to ensure your profit!

In short, let nature be nature, and neuter or spay your pets.

6. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

I see nothing wrong with breeding animals, so long as the owner takes good care of the adults as well as the babies. Breeding is not something just anyone can do. If you have no prior knowledge of it and you breed your dog, you put your dog and her/his pups at risk of serious complications and even death. There's a lot more to breeding then people think. I personally wouldn't do it as it is money and time consuming. I would constantly be worrying about the babies or the pregnant mother, or eggs. I may be able to have a pregnant cat, but still, I'd end up keeping all the kittens. I can't put myself in a position to give away babies from their mother. That's just me!

working