jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Has a dog ever saved your life?

1. doodlebugs profile image84
    doodlebugsposted 6 years ago

Has a dog ever saved your life?

Has a dog ever saved your life, or that of a friend or family member? If so how?

2. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 6 years ago

Yes, my dog Johnny saved my life by alerting me to a small fire that had not set the smoke alarms off. He kept on coming in our room whining and crying and pacing back and forth. Thinking Johnny needed to go out at 2 am which was unusual, I followed him to the door but he led me to the back wash room where I did smell electrical wires burning but could not locate the fire. My husband moved the dryer out and their was a small fire barley getting ignited. We would of slept thru it all if it had not been for our Johnny.

3. doodlebugs profile image84
    doodlebugsposted 6 years ago

A dog most likely saved my life when I was a boy. He warned me of a rattlesnake that I was about to step on.

4. LeisureLife profile image74
    LeisureLifeposted 6 years ago

no, but I have personally witnessed  a dog save a man who fell into a frozen lake.

5. JerryJupiter profile image60
    JerryJupiterposted 6 years ago

Not directly, but my dogs were there for me throughout all the terrible times in my life helping me more than words can say.

6. NorthEast Timber profile image60
    NorthEast Timberposted 6 years ago

Not personally, but a neighbor got a leg stuck in an auger and their dog ran to the house and got help or they would have bled to death.  (They did lose their leg though.)

And I was told of a local man whose dog ran to a neighbor for help when his owner passed out.

7. HERBERT ubaldo profile image58
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

I do not experience yet that a dog  saves my life

8. profile image0
    Vanessa McKayposted 6 years ago

My German Sheperd got my son out of pond he was unable to get out of.  Zac jumped right in and with my son holding onto his collar pulled him to safety. He was such a great dog in so many ways.

9. Cat R profile image73
    Cat Rposted 6 years ago

Not as heroic as it happens on TV, but their simple presence and unconditional love has given me a much, much better life after the almost horrible end of a even more horrible marriage!

I consider myself saved by my animals and my children!