jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Has someone ever saved your life?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

Has someone ever saved your life?

Do you have an instance in your life that might have been the end, if some other person hadn't saved you? Who was it? What happened?

2. ashleybunn profile image60
    ashleybunnposted 5 years ago

When I was a teenager, I was in an awful car accident. It would have been very possible for me to have died from blood loss, but thanks to a kind man who pulled me out of the car (I don't remember this happening, and I never saw the man or talked to him, but I am still grateful for what he did for me) and the amazing women who patched me up in the ambulance, I arrived at the hospital in relatively good condition. My jaw was still terribly broken and I still had injuries that needed to be taken care of, but as far as losing blood goes, I was right as rain. Those women were just doing their jobs, but every day people live thanks to those that choose to dedicate their lives to helping others.

Rochelle Frankposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Everyone can help others in some way, but those who do it full time certainly deserve admiration. Many of us have been situations where our lives depended on such professionals. Not an easy job.

3. whonunuwho profile image80
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

After graduating from high school and suffering a terrible spinal injury in football practice, I was very downhearted and depressed. Although I was getting ready to go to a new school to further my education, my desire and heart were not in it. A horrible fire occurred at a gas station where I was watching a ball game with friends, Other friends were cleaning car racks with gas and wrongfully hurrying to get through with their afternoon jobs. A misguided teen, about thirteen years old, tossed a burning cigarette into the racks and set the two workers on fire. It was not meant as a deliberate attempt to hurt them, but as I was trying to save one friend by rolling him over, as he was on fire. my life took a new turn and a new desire arose within me. The friends died, yet I was reborn and later became a special needs teacher until I had to retire later with a brain tumor after 25 years in the classroom. My friend had died. despite my attempts to save his life, yet what happened as a result, gave me a new will and determination to succeed and help those in need. Yes, he did save my life.

A chilling lesson in the value of life-- that certainly added value to yours. You're a good learner as well a a good teacher.

4. ytsenoh profile image87
    ytsenohposted 5 years ago

Two doctors during an emergency delivery of my daughter.

In one way, we kind of expect it from doctors, but it is still a huge personal miracle and one we are glad to acknowledge with gratitude. Not everyone gets the right doctor.

5. Beata Stasak profile image82
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

Few people saved my life: my husband few times, literally when I slipped while climbing, my doctor during childbirth and also a stranger after the car accident.
    We don't realize how much we rely on other people, dear to our heart or just strangers until we are totally dependable on their help....

6. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 5 years ago

You tell me. About April last year, a young man started shouting at me on the street. I was alone and it was about 21 45 hrs. He was about 30 metres away. As he got closer he was shouting noticeably louder. He got to within 1.85 metres and pushed his hands into his pockets, still shouting and looking really frightening.
    I felt a sense of impending doom.
    I stood where I was, folded my hands, looked up to heaven and started praying. When I did look in his direction, he was about 30 metres away walking backwards with a strange look on his face. He then turned around and went away. This is a true story.

We have no way of knowing how many times lives are saved by a quick prayer. Thanks for sharing your story.