jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How I can get a clue that my cat is becoming adult?

1. faria_lupin profile image70
    faria_lupinposted 6 years ago

How I can get a clue that my cat is becoming adult?

my cat is only 5 months old, but he's growing fast he looks like 8months old cat

2. janiek13 profile image80
    janiek13posted 6 years ago

His behavior should clue you in. Try reading a book or an article on kitten and cat development. You should be able to find the averages.

3. Ashleymckinnon profile image81
    Ashleymckinnonposted 6 years ago

This transition normally takes place around one year. Though, cats can keep growing (more getting heavier than height) past that age. If the cat is neutered, he will definitely settle down at a faster rate and gain weight more quickly. I highly recommend, if he isn't fixed you should get him fixed not only to control animal population, but also to prevent squirting or "marking of territory" in your home. Hope that helps!

4. tlmcgaa70 profile image79
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

both male and female cats can start breeding as young as four months old. as far as personality...cats are like humans there. some cats mature into quiet, settled animals while others never outgrow their kittenish love of playing. i have a nearly ten year old cat that loves to play...with the other cats or by himself with toys. if you are wanting him to grow up faster because he keeps you awake at night, consider getting him a playmate. also cats all grow at different rates. your cat may have a breed in him that is large, which would make him bigger than other cats his age, while it may also be true that he was just born to be larger. all kitties are different. see if you can find another 5 month old kitten you can compare his size to to see if it is just your perspective or he really is large for his age.