jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can I make the loss of my beloved parakeet easier?

1. Kristen Haynie profile image95
    Kristen Haynieposted 6 years ago

How can I make the loss of my beloved parakeet easier?

I had my parakeet for six years. He died suddenly, and very tragically just last night. I was very attached to the little guy and am not taking it well. Does anyone have any pointers on how to deal with it?

2. profile image0
    HubTubposted 6 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss.  As an avid pet lover, I can totally relate to your sorrow, as I have lost pets in the past.  Keep in mind that without your love and care over the last six years, he would have never experienced such a beautiful life.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Lossing a pet is so hard, I'm sorry.  Only time will lessen the pain.  After a few weeks, you can try another pet but grieve a little first before moving on.

4. dogmama58 profile image81
    dogmama58posted 6 years ago

There is no easy answer to that one. I still have moments of grief for pets who have been gone for years. When you love a pet, he or she occupies a piece of your heart. When the loved one is lost, the heart aches for their absence. After a while, and it varies from one person to another, the place in your heart is sealed over but the seal is transparent, so you still have the love of that pet but it is less painful. The good news is that your heart has infinite space to love another.

Closed to reply

working