jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is it so hard to go vegetarian?

1. suranjith_e profile image59
    suranjith_eposted 6 years ago

Why is it so hard to go vegetarian?

2. profile image0
    ecoethicalveganposted 6 years ago

I didn't know it 'was' hard to go vegetarian. I became vegan after reading the first 3 chapters of 'Skinny Bitch' Right now it would be hard for me to be omni.

3. Levertis Steele profile image84
    Levertis Steeleposted 6 years ago

It is hard because of meat addiction. Maybe the struggling vegetarian is not including enough vegetable protein in the diet. Just a wild guess.

4. profile image0
    Infinite712posted 6 years ago

It's unfortunate that so many choose to eat animals who were brutally butchered to death. I myself am a vegetarian.

5. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

It could be you are not getting complete protein chains/aminos because you aren't eating the right things in the right combinations.  It is absolute rubbish that being vegetarian or vegan is not healthy for you.  Done properly a meatless diet can do wonders for your health. 

Anyway, get complete proteins - one easy way to do this is with Quinoa (a grain) 

there are also many meat substitutions you can use that give you the texture you miss - Seitan for instance.  Also you can grill a portabella mushroom and if you do it right it will have all the flavor of a burger.  You can make your own veggie burgers too for cheap!. 

Finally, If you want a really easy way to become vegetarian that will definitely make it easy for you to never go back look up the video "meet your meat" - it's a very eye opening expose on what actually goes on in many (not ALL) but many of the places where meat is butchered/processed.  That sealed the deal for me!  If you don't know where it's coming from you may be inadvertently contributing to the abuse and suffering of animals.  I didn't want that on my conscience.

I actually am not morally opposed to people eating meat who raise their own and humanely butcher it - most people don't or wouldn't do this themselves.

Closed to reply

working