jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are some good techniques for pet-proofing a home to protect both the pet an

1. AliciaC profile image100
    AliciaCposted 5 years ago

What are some good techniques for pet-proofing a home to protect both the pet and the home?

What techniques have worked best for you and your pet?

2. Dale Hyde profile image85
    Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago

With our only pet being a cat, it is pretty much the same as what I would do for a small toddler.  Keep cabinets closed that contain dangerous materials, and certainly keep things that can fall off away from the edges of tables, counters and such.  If you use pesticides for any reason, make sure the product is placed in an area that your pet can not access.  Also, we burn a lot of candles.  Candles left unattended can become quite a danger with animals running around.

Also, safety would involve screens on windows, door and such.  Holes in the fences or under the fences.

3. jpcmc profile image90
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

If you love your pet make sure your home is safe for them.  Pet-proofing your house does not have to be expensive or difficult.  Here are practical pet-proofing tips you can do. read more

4. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

Pet proofing a home is similar to thinking about how children explore your home. Pets are curious creatures and will venture into spaces, holes, hidden areas in your home.  Our cat used to hide underneath the Christmas tree every year.  I guess he felt it was close to being outdoors; so, we had to make sure all glass bulbs were higher in the tree and watch for his playing with the cords. I would provide the pet with altnernative spaces such as pet trees.

5. jenniferrpovey profile image93
    jenniferrpoveyposted 5 years ago

Getting a new puppy? Read these tips for dog proofing your house and yard. read more

working