jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can your pet live up to your childhood Pet?

1. MojoDawg profile image60
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

Can your pet live up to your childhood Pet?

When I was a kid I had a border collie, smartest hardest working, (cow-dog trained) and most protective friend I ever had. Is there anything like that in your life as an adult.

2. Mary Stuart profile image80
    Mary Stuartposted 6 years ago

Yes Char does. I loved all of my childhood pets very much. I have great memories of my dogs and cats and adore my Char and Clara now.

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

Yes, I think so - I also had a pet dog at a very young age which I believed shaped my perception of every other dog I've met in my life since then.

4. Minnetonka Twin profile image85
    Minnetonka Twinposted 6 years ago

I didn't think so until I adopted two black lab mixes. Just like kids, you think you can never love the next one as much but then you do and they have a different and special place in your heart that you wouldn't trade for anything. I will never forget my childhood dog 'Spooky' and she will always be in my heart but I know she is happy that I let two other dogs in my life to make me happy.

5. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Yes they can. You always have wonderful memories of pets that you have had in the past. But when you think about them all, they all have their own unique personalities, abilites, likes/dislikes and smart/fun things that they do. I don't compare all the dogs I've had as to who was the best, I love them all for the unique animals that they were and are.

6. profile image55
    consentinoposted 6 years ago

I only had one other pet, that held-up to my childhood pet.