jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which breed of dog is suitable for indoor?

1. IRISH NELSON profile image38
    IRISH NELSONposted 5 years ago

Which breed of dog is suitable for indoor?

2. Gracenduta profile image61
    Gracendutaposted 5 years ago

Chihuahua is a one of the best dogs for indoors, it is also safe around young children and likes staying warm. Its also a good companion dog.

3. pe555 profile image73
    pe555posted 5 years ago

We have just got a Cavapoo. It's a cross between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a poodle. It is ideal as an indoor pet. Please take a look at my hub.
    Meet Our New Puppy, Charlie the Cavapoo

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

If you're looking for a low energy dog, consider something like a greyhound or a smaller dog such as a maltese, havenese, papillon or poodle. But remember - all dogs need outdoor exercise! They need the mental stimulation as well as the physical exercise in order to remain mentally and emotionally healthy.

DogTime has a free online quiz you can take to learn more about your personal preferences and what you want in a dog.  Based on your responses in the 25 question multiple choice questionnaire several breeds are suggested that meet your personal preferences. Take the quiz at http://dogtime.com/matchup.

There are two books I recommend and keep on my own bookshelf for reference:

1.  Tortora, Daniel F.  The Right Dog for You:  Choosing a Breed That Matches Your Personality, Family and Lifestyle. New York:  Simon and Schuster, 1980.

2.  Walkowicz, Chris.  The Perfect Match: a Buyer's Guide to Dogs.  New York:  Wiley Publishing, Inc., 1996.

5. profile image56
    shorty72posted 5 years ago

I know a few people that have maltese or schitzu we have a cross maltese schitzu and she is great . I have a 2 year old grandson and she is great around him they have sort of grew up together so she has learnt to stay out of his way. Another breed I would recommend is chihuahua they are very good company.

working