Will a dog who eats grass that has weed and grass killer on it be okay?
Okay so my neighbor thinks it's okay to let his dog run free. I sprayed my lawn with weed and grass killer earlier and no more than 15 minutes later I look out the window and the dog is in my yard eating grass. I went over and told the owner who said it was "No big deal". Now I'm worried. Is the dog going to be okay? I have no idea how much he ate.
It's obvious you care more about your neighbor's dog than he does! Don't know what you used, but some insecticides (notice: SOME) claim not to hurt animals and don't. However, his cavalier attitude would make me want to "cover my tracks." You might want to just call the humane society (local or ASPCA national) and with the bottle where you read it, ask them. Frankly, I'd probably call whatever local entity there is and protect myself from any future allegations he may make by getting a statement on record. I'm not paranoid, but we live in a society where it seems you don't know if you can trust your neighbor or not!
Vinegar is a safe weed killer. There are hubs written about this. Another good source is a blog called A garden for the house. If you can stop using chemical weed killers, it is safer for the dog. you, and the environment. Check it out. It might be a method that can work for you.
This situation annoys me, probably as much as it annoys you.
* YOU don't have a dog or a fenced in yard for it to play in. Your couldn't care-less neighbor has both, yet takes no precautions to protect his dog by keeping it in his own yard or keeping it on a leash. There are LEASH laws in darn near every city--look up yours online on your city's page. Usually 4-6 ft is the farthest away from you that a dog can be when it's off your property.
* Now you're worried about this bozo suing you if his dog DOES die, when in fact he could easily just induce vomiting (hydrogen peroxide in the correct dose for his pet) or heck take the dog to the emergency ER for a checkup.
* YOU are not at fault here in any way. If things go wrong, the law is on your side.
* BUT keep a camera/cell phone handy (preferably the kind that puts the date and time right on the photo) near the windows where you most often see the dog running loose. Then you'll have more evidence of neglect and animal cruelty on the part of the poor dog's idiot owner.
* Be sure to call the dog catcher every time you see the dog running loose, too. Maybe if enough people complain, they will take the dog away from it's poor-excuse-for-an-owner and find a really nice "forever" home for it where people do care enough to keep their dog on their property, off the streets, off other peoples' property, etc.
* This calling the dog catcher thing is starting to work in my neighborhood of German Shepherd Dogs, Akitas, and Labs that would be big enough to gobble me and my Lab up in one swallow! (We drive to other neighborhoods to walk and exercise--our house is right by two major freeways!)
With no negative consequences, this moron will end up continuing on the same path until one day it kills the dog. So very sad and frustrating! I sure sympathize, peeples, with your problem. Very good luck!!
by prashantchalia 5 years ago
My 3 Months Dog Eats his Own Shit, How to stop him. Please suggest. i have beaten him, tied him with chain for entire day, done everything i could, but nothing seems to work.
by David Legg 7 23 months ago
How do you feel about a neighbor painting their house a really gaudy color or color combination?How do you feel about a neighbor painting their house a very bright gaudy color?
by Selina Kyle 7 years ago
How do you get your dog to slow down when he eats?My dog has been scarfing down her food too fast and then getting sick. She didn't used to eat so fast, how do I get her to stop?
by ReuVera 8 years ago
I am a very peaceful person. I prefer to lose, but to avoid any war or argument. I am a very calm and easy to deal with neighbor. I never had any problems. My neighbors from the East had two big dogs which were attacking my dog on my property. To solve this problem I just put a dividing light...
by willyoumarryme 9 years ago
Paul ask to borrow my lawn mower to cut his grass, after cutting his grass, he cuts his neighbor's grass. My grass needed cutting also, but he didn't cut it, just returns the lawn mower without putting more gas in it and says "Thank You" another thing happened: I was out of work for 5...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|