jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you recommend the same breed of dog you have now to a friend? Why or why n

1. rmcleve profile image80
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

Would you recommend the same breed of dog you have now to a friend? Why or why not?

2. PageC profile image60
    PageCposted 5 years ago

It would really depend on the friend's situation, and why he or she wanted a dog. Also, it might be smart to look at dogs as individuals, and get one who's a good fit, and will be happy in with the family and the situation.

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

No, because my pets are unique and are not the breeds I would select if I were selecting a specific breed. Dogs just tend to come into our lives. Sometimes the ones that come into our lives aren't the ones we were looking for. I would not recommend someone get the same breed I have unless I talked to the person and found out that they had the personality and lifestyle suited to the breed I have. Pet choice is a very individual thing and it should be a very carefully thought out decision. It should be based on lifestyle, grooming needs, energy level, etc. It is important to note that dogs within a breed are individuals and each has a distinct personality - just because two dogs come from the same breed doesn't mean they will be a lot alike! They may share some common characteristics but each has a unique personality! One of my dogs is a mutt - so it would be totally impossible for anyone to get one like her!

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes and no.  We have 3 dogs.  We have a Leonberger, a huge, easy-going beast of a dog.  But his coat is horrendous and he seems to shed constantly and also seems very "slow" in picking things up.  He is 4 and still marks everything - and knows better but waits until we are not looking.

Love him like crazy but no, I would not recommend the breed to others.  We also have a German Shepherd and a Lab - love them and would recommend those breeds as they are easy to work with.  The G.S. is very smart and understands most commands.  The Lab is an absolute clown and I love being around him.

5. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

I have a mixed breed dog and do not know all of the breeds he is. He is a sweet, intelligent, easy going dog and almost everyone likes him. But no, each person wants something different from a dog. Different breeds have different characteristics. Each dog has their own personality. Pick one that goes with you, not with your friend.