jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does your pet know when you arrive in the vets office and how do they react?

1. Charlu profile image79
    Charluposted 6 years ago

Does your pet know when you arrive in the vets office and how do they react?

Is your pet ok in the vets office or do you have to basically carry them in?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6504649_f260.jpg

2. Turtlewoman profile image94
    Turtlewomanposted 6 years ago

My Pitbull knows exactly where he is when we take him to the vet's doorstep. He gets excited, starts wagging his tail. He doesn't really mind going to the vet's office. He seems to be curious about it and starts sniffing a lot. Dogs usually have a good sense of where they are at.

3. catsimmons profile image81
    catsimmonsposted 6 years ago

Yes they do. our pets are dogs and are very excited to see the staff there. I think they know that someone is going to give them a treat ! :-) (healthy snack of course!).

4. moonfairy profile image78
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

my dog senses a visit to the vet way in advance, which is wierd. He'll start shaking uncontrollably as soon as he gets in the vehicle. By the time he gets there he's shaking so bad he can hardly move! Once inside he jumps up and wraps his paws around my waste like he's begging me to please take him home. Vet trips are extremely traumatic for him...not sure why because they love him to pieces!

5. alexadry profile image96
    alexadryposted 6 years ago

Is your dog fearful at the vet's office? Is your dog terrorized of shots? Are annual vaccination appointments scary? You are at the right place! Learn how to make your dog less fearful of shots. read more

working