jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think about people who chop off their dog’s tails?

1. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

What do you think about people who chop off their dog’s tails?

2. Jenna Pope profile image60
    Jenna Popeposted 5 years ago

I think that it probably hurts a lot. I don't think that it's a good practice. In England they don't allow it.

3. afriqnet profile image51
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

May be they can be chopped off as a breed standard. I have not seen a Rot that has a tail. Possibly this is the reason for tail docking

4. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 5 years ago

I think it's cruel! I heard someone say it doesn't hurt them as puppies.. that's nonsense... anything that hurts a grown animal or person will aslo hurt a young one! They have nerves and feelings just the same!

I have a boxer who's tail has not been touched nor has his ears ever been cropped! People always ask me why I never had it done! I always ask them would they want their ears snipped or their butt chopped on...

People should do unto others as they would have them do unto them... same as animals... do you want your tail chopped on.. or your ears snipped!

In some states... quite a few.. it's illegal now! So if anyone wants it done you might want to check your state and local laws on the subject! I hope it gets banned in every state... it's painful and unnecessary!