jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)

Dogs or cats witch one.

1. bmcoll3278 profile image77
    bmcoll3278posted 5 years ago

Dogs or cats witch one.

I have always heard that if you walked in to your house 6 inches tall ,Your dog would still love you. But your cat would just look at you as a side dish. What do you think

2. Melissa A Smith profile image100
    Melissa A Smithposted 5 years ago

I can guarantee you that my genet would without hesitation eat me. My dog, I'm not sure. I wouldn't think that testing such a circumstance would be the action of a person with the will to live.

3. BlissfulWriter profile image69
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Maybe dogs are smarter than cats....   
    http://blissfulwriter.hubpages.com/hub/ … gs-or-Cats

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Hmmm...trying to imagine the reaction of my current cat. I have only had her about 6 mos. now, but I don't think she would eat me. I think she would recognize me, maybe play with me, maybe run from me and hide, all the time wondering what the heck happened.

5. Dragonrain profile image86
    Dragonrainposted 5 years ago

I've only actually owned one cat, but I do think she would have eaten me no questions asked if I was only 6 inches tall!

My current dog I would trust, even if I was that small.  My dog has been trained to behave around even much smaller animals and is very gentle. 

So really, I think it would depend on the cat and dog!  I wouldn't want to test this theory with a dog with a high prey drive.  On the flip side, I'm sure there are some cats who wouldn't attack their owners as well.

6. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Honestly, I like cats that act like dogs. They can take care of themselves for a week, you can train them to use the toilet, they are devious and curious. I love how they walk so softly and daintly, yet attack fearlessly. Reminds me of a ninja.

7. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

I don't have a dog anymore but I know Mickey would have known me no matter how big I was. He was a great pet I don't like cats so, I can't offer anything there.

8. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

Indoor cats don't look to hunt and kill prey because they know (most do, anyways) that they will be getting fed. This, in turn, makes them hunt for fun. So they are not looking to kill the spider,mouse,fly,ect. but merely play with it, once it dies, they become bored and leave it. Some do, however, eat the dead bugs.

If I were to walk into my home only 6 inches tall, I don't think either one of my cats would attack me. They know my voice. If anything my one cat, PC would rub up against me and knock me over. lol

9. Schatzie Speaks profile image93
    Schatzie Speaksposted 5 years ago

Dogs are way more domesticated than cats and we have successfully bred them to have the characteristics we value; after all, they are the descendants of wolves and most popular breeds look nothing like it. Just picture a Chihuahua! Or a pug or a beagle...And that is just a visual example of the changes they've undergone. Personality-wise we have emphasized friendliness and submittal in some and aggression and ferocity in others. So I'd flat out say the comparison of the two is unfair, as cats are virtually wild animals and dogs are our creation. I'd say that dogs SHOULD be more popular considering that that they were made by us and for us, but the wilder side also has its intrigue. All I know is my cockapoo would die in a day if left in the wild, a cat has a fighting chance!

10. Catherine Kane profile image83
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

Both.

I've seen loving cats and loving dogs, and mean cats and mean dogs

so it'd depend on the "personality in fur"....

11. afriqnet profile image52
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

Cats are Lovely but dogs offer the best companionship. For me Dogs come first but I would not mind to have both in the house.

1. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
      Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I do not agree that "dogs offer the best companionship." I think it is entirely dependent on the individual animal and the person and what they want out of the relationship.

12. libby1970 profile image73
    libby1970posted 5 years ago

Dogs. Althought I love all animals I seem to like dogs a little better than cats. I guess because I can walk my dog, he sleeps with me, he does cool tricks. he has protected me from harm... he's my best friend!

1. bmcoll3278 profile image77
      bmcoll3278posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Cool . I feel the same

13. profile image56
    consentinoposted 5 years ago

I love both, but, I have to say dogs.  They tend to be more loving and more of a companion.  Cats are very particular.  They are not always friendly and can be very moody.

www.petsareagift.com

working