jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What is your favorite reptile?

1. collegedad profile image74
    collegedadposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite reptile?

The reptile hobby is huge in the US. We see them everywhere now. What is your favorite reptile and why?

2. wetnosedogs profile image60
    wetnosedogsposted 5 years ago

I like the lizards. What seems to be common around here are small. I'm not sure why I like them. They are kinda cute and like I said, small. I can deal with small. And they are pretty good about minding their own business. They just slink around for an insect here and there and don't seem to do anyone any harm.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

My favorites reptiles are tortoises. There are many varieties, and they all amaze me!

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image58
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

I don't like reptiles. However I had to get acquainted with iguanas when I taught biology since I allowed a student to bring her pet iguana in and talk about it for extra credit. It wasn't so bad - it was a small one. Since that time I have been around other iguanas and even held a 3-4 ft. one in Fla. - and survived to tell about it!

1. Melissa A Smith profile image99
      Melissa A Smithposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Let's just hope the student knew what she was getting into (and that if she's planing on going away for college, that her parents will have to care for it).

2. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image58
      Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That was many years ago - about 2o, in fact...

5. Melissa A Smith profile image99
    Melissa A Smithposted 5 years ago

I'll always have a soft spot for iguanas, mine is my oldest pet, and they have personality for lizards. I'm also interested in monitor lizards and chameleons (which I used to have).

6. Shaddie profile image89
    Shaddieposted 5 years ago

Favorite colubrid - Western hognose
    Favorite boa - Brazilian rainbow boa
    Favorite python - White lipped python
    Favorite viperid - Gaboon viper
    Favorite lizard - Savanna monitor, Uromastyx
    Favorite chelonian - Mata mata

I like all of these because they are aesthetically pleasing to me for whatever reason, and I appreciate their subtle or not-so-subtle behaviors.

7. collegedad profile image74
    collegedadposted 5 years ago

I've always been a reptile nut. The Asian Rat Snakes are my favorites and it goes from there. Of the lizards Dumerill's Monitors would be my favorite!

working