jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Where does one bury their pet after it has passed away?

1. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Where does one bury their pet after it has passed away?

2. DrMark1961 profile image100
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

Hi I was just looking at your profile page and trying to figure out where you live. Most big cities now have pet cemetarys but there is nothing like that where I live so I buried my last dog (he died of asbestos exposure/mesothelioma) in my garden. There are some here that believe the dogĀ“s spirit will haunt the land where he was buried.
    If you have to euthanize your pet and decide to have him cremated please make sure you get the ashes back so you can bury them.

3. serendipitypalace profile image56
    serendipitypalaceposted 5 years ago

Our pets are buried on our property.  There are pet cemeteries that offer funerals also, but very pricey.   As Drmark1961
      mentioned cremation, another option. The veterinarians have a list of places and most will take the deceased pet for you at a huge price.   We had a short burial for each pet.  My husband built a box for the dog and one of the cats.   They're at peace.

4. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

We have also buried our pets (mostly dogs, rabbits, ducks, cats) on our farm, there is a special place at the end of our farm with small wooden crosses - small pet's cemetery:)

working