jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you saw a stray dog on the road would you try to help it or drive away and wh

1. Film Fanatic 603 profile image61
    Film Fanatic 603posted 5 years ago

If you saw a stray dog on the road would you try to help it or drive away and why?

2. innerspin profile image94
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

These days I would carry on. In the past when I tried to help a dog, the animal started running up and down the road, making it harder for cars to avoid it. I'd do my best not to run it over, and hope it was okay.

3. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Funny.  I live in the country and we see stray dogs all the time.  Sometimes we find them homes and other times we call the humane society, but I don't like to see them shooed away.  We recently found a stray in our cabbage patch!  We have named her Cabby.  She has subcantaneous ephysema.  So we decided to take her in or else she would be put down.  This experience did spur a new hub last week about stray dogs.

4. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

I saw a friendly stray recently in the park and flagged down a ranger. The dog was obviously thirsty and hungry. The ranger took him to the shelter I'm sure, which I hated. But, I couldn't take it in.  sad

working