jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Where can I find a cat?

1. xmetow profile image86
    xmetowposted 5 years ago

Where can I find a cat?

I would like to adopt some cute cat.

2. gail641 profile image68
    gail641posted 5 years ago

You could go to your local humane society and adopt a cat from there, or from any trusted source that has cats to give away or for adoption. You could, also check to see if there is an animal hospital that gives cats up for adoption. The cat should have all of its shots and be dewormed, and a vet should check the cat's health to see what health care it needs right away and in the future.

3. athena09 profile image68
    athena09posted 5 years ago

Miscellaneous cat varieties will be "free to a good home", or available from your local animal shelter for a minor donation. Though most of these animals would be of questionable origin, they will make wonderful pets.

Perhaps your may have some friends who would be more than willing to give you one of their kittens when their mommy cat has given birth.

4. BeautySavvy22 profile image87
    BeautySavvy22posted 5 years ago

SPCA and local animal rescues are the best places to look.  You can also check out Petfinder (which will have cats from rescues) and Craigslist.  I personally have had great success in Petfinder and in the SPCA.  Pet finder gives you the time to read through all of their descriptions and meet up with the animal as many times as you need.
        There are multiple reasons I am not a fan of the humane society, and mainly because they are not at all humane.  This is all of them and they get absolutely no funding to really take care of their animals.  They've lied multiple times on the paperwork when I have been with people that rescue cats there.  They don't tell you any of the health problems and then later people are slammed with vet bills.  They also don't give their animals much time to live there and will euthanize them within a few days of arriving.  The SPCA waits years to even consider euthanizing and even then the animal has to have problems or be sick.  They also make sure to take good care of their animals and find foster homes if they run out of space.  Most local pet shelters are no-kill and they put a lot of effort into taking care of their animals because many are in foster homes.
    Good luck:-)