jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How do cats see the world?

1. blaiddgoch profile image79
    blaiddgochposted 5 years ago

How do cats see the world?

Is their vision similar to dogs?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Cats see red and green or yellow and blue. Colors do not play a major role in a cat's life. A cat's eye orients itself to light.

3. tlmcgaa70 profile image76
    tlmcgaa70posted 5 years ago

i do not know in what colors cats see. but from what i have noticed, cats can be looking right at something sitting in the grass and not see it unless it moves, even if that movement is nothing more than the blink of an eye or the twitch of skin. if a cat looks at another cat sitting in grass, regardless of color, they cant seem to see the cat, but if the cat so much as twitches its skin or blinks, then it becomes visible to the cat looking at it. i think it would be similar to looking at those pictures where u cant see what the picture is unless you focus your eyes just right.

4. Marsei profile image89
    Marseiposted 5 years ago

My cat, General, sees the world as his kingdom and us as his subjects, sole duty to deliver his treats!

1. Marsei profile image89
      Marseiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, I should have read more closely!   I heard somewhere that they see only black and white and gray, but General loves the red balls on the Christmas tree and no others so....

5. Esmeowl12 profile image82
    Esmeowl12posted 5 years ago

Ha, ha! I think my cats think they are the kings and queens and we are the lowly subjects, and should be ready to do their bidding.

6. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 5 years ago

Check out the website for Kitty Show and read all about it.  Or do a search for Eyesight of Cats and have even more choices from the real authorities.  Don't settle for less.