jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do Dogs fall in love?

1. sweetie1 profile image71
    sweetie1posted 5 years ago

Do Dogs fall in love?

My friend once asked me about her female German Sheppard that when ever she pass the house of a particular male of her breed, she would bark and jump a lot to draw attention of that dog. Even though she was friendly dog and was friends with many dogs but this behavior was only for that male. So do the dogs also fall in love or infatuation?

2. DrMark1961 profile image97
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

According to Elizabeth Marshall Thomas, the author of the book "The Hidden Life of Dogs", they do. Dogs are usually ready to mate with any dog that happens to be about, but do seem to form a special bond. I do not know whether to call it love or infatuation, but a lot of dogs seem to find a special companion of the opposite sex. BFF?

1. JayeWisdom profile image92
      JayeWisdomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Fascinating....That may explain why some dogs grieve so severely and become depressed when a special canine friend dies.

2. sweetie1 profile image71
      sweetie1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Dr Mark for sharing such a wonderful knowledge you have about dogs.

3. sweetie1 profile image71
    sweetie1posted 5 years ago

There was one more beautiful answer to this question but by mistake instead of comment button i clicked on delete button. I am really sorry for it.

working