jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you cook food for your dog or cat?

1. Efficient Admin profile image91
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

Do you cook food for your dog or cat?

In the long run, do you think it's healthier to cook food from scratch for your dog or cat versus feeding them commercial pet food?

2. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

I have to admit I feed my dog mostly commercial food, but cooking for her would definitely be better. (There are some excellent hubs on this subject from Jaye Wisdom and Turtlewoman.)  The problem is, I do not even cook much for myself. When I do my dog usually shares with me.
    Contrary to the propaganda of the pet food giants, there are many table scraps that are good for dogs. That is how they have survived with us for thousands of years.

1. Efficient Admin profile image91
      Efficient Adminposted 5 years agoin reply to this

DrMark thanks for your comment and for the referrals to the other hubbers. I will check it out.

3. Escobana profile image73
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

You can buy all sorts of food nowadays. From very cheap, fat and supermarkt brands to high quality food, keeping your animal in perfect condition. I choose for the last type of food even though it's expensive.

If I ever start cooking for my cats, I'll ask my doctor to give me some more medication:-)

4. chefmancave profile image87
    chefmancaveposted 5 years ago

I religiously cook two eggs every morning for my dog Ruby. I chop up the eggs and put them in the freezer for a couple of minutes. For a picture of Ruby, see my Black Friday hub.

working