jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why do cats follow you to the bathroom?

1. Argonaut Jess profile image61
    Argonaut Jessposted 4 years ago

Why do cats follow you to the bathroom?

Almost everytime I try and go to the loo a kitty cat will follow me to make sure I am doing it all correctly! Does anyone else have this issue? Or does anyone know why this happens? Are cats just weird?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I think they want to make sure you're not using their "box" to do your thing

3. Lisa A Kessler profile image60
    Lisa A Kesslerposted 4 years ago

Ask to cats, they can give you better answer. smile

4. slowlyfallingup profile image60
    slowlyfallingupposted 4 years ago

My cats do this too and I think they do it because they're either weirdly over protected or they think like dogs think if u disappear for 5 minutes you wont come back so they keep tabs lol

5. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

I don' t know why, but they are our bathroom pals. Mini Meow always stays by the door on look out for the dog like a tiny protector. While Alex and Butterball eat a bit or rub up on you for some loving' s. They are so cute!

6. SKCandles profile image76
    SKCandlesposted 4 years ago

They want to always know where you are.  My friends dogs follow her too

7. CroftRoan profile image80
    CroftRoanposted 4 years ago

I think it's for the same reason that a child will follow you. They just want to know what you're doing. My cat used to follow me to school all the time when she was alive. Cats are weird compared to other pets but that's why we love them!

8. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Mine does the same thing. He also has to be in there when I'm taking a bath. However, other cats I've had never followed me. Some cats are just so attached to their owners they won't let you out of their sight.

working