jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you like cats or dogs? What kind of pet do you like?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image77
    alexandriaruthkposted 4 years ago

Do you like cats or dogs? What kind of pet do you like?

And why?

2. Amber Vyn profile image59
    Amber Vynposted 4 years ago

I like both cats and dogs. They both make for wonderful companions and increase the entertainment value of day to day life.

I've had a German Shepherd, two Border Collies, a poodle, a one-eyed short haired cat (named Uno), and (currently) a Maine Coon.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I am a complete dog lover and cannot imagine my life without a dog at my side. I don't really care for cats.

4. profile image58
    PoojaMehta0911posted 4 years ago

I love parrots and love birds... The keep the house lively with the sounds..

5. melbelle profile image59
    melbelleposted 4 years ago

I like both, cats and dogs, but I love dogs the most.  I love how they greet you when you come home after being out working or running errands.  They show unconditional love to their "pet parent".   My dog never complains, is always loving, and gives me a look like I am the best part of his world.

6. carolp profile image80
    carolpposted 4 years ago

I like dogs, i have one, her name is Benda and she is my best friend and is most beloved family member? drop by and read my hub about her.

7. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Cats are my favorite. They are usually quiet, can sit down and sleep all day but they need to be kept in one room at night or they scurry around the house making noise. Dogs are alright. Still they should be small, cute, learn certain cues, not bark, loyal, good watch dogs, etc. Also, I adore my pet turtle. He's so calming to watch.

8. relawshe profile image73
    relawsheposted 4 years ago

I prefer dogs but I've had both.  I also prefer to rescue or adopt pets as opposed to buying them from a pet store.

9. BkCreative profile image69
    BkCreativeposted 4 years ago

Give me a kitty. Especially if I can spend all day with her! I have had dogs but I have always had cats. Generally, they are left alone all day leaving us to think they sleep all day and do nothing. Being captive they are probably bored beyond belief.

But since I had a back injury and have been home 24/7 I got to know my newly adopted 1 year old cat. And omg - she never sleeps first of all, she wants to play all the time (I thought by now she would want to just lay around), she hides behind walls and doors and jumps out at me, she stands on 2 feet if she wants to see what I am doing in the sink - most shocking of all is one day when she was using the litter box she puckered her lips (I guess it felt so good). We have been taught that cats can't do this - so not true!

She is amazing and I never would have known all she was if I was out working all day. Our cats are far more lively and interesting than we think they are! But they are captive which is unnatural - and so we have to compensate - but somewhere, somehow we were taught all they do is sleep.

10. joanveronica profile image86
    joanveronicaposted 4 years ago

Both cats and dogs are my favorites, each in their particular way. I love cats, they are so complex, you have to really be involved to live with them and that is so rewarding. And of course dogs are mostly human, so provide such good company! Alas, my days for keeping pets have gone with the wind, so I hope everybod really enoys theirs while they can still keep them!