jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What breed do these dogs look like?

1. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

What breed do these dogs look like?

Any ideas what breed they may be?

2. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

They look like a beagle mix to me. They are cute pups.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

The tan and white is either part beagle or possibly basset hound. If the black dog is from the same litter, it would indicate that a black lab was somewhere in the blood line.

Often when trying to determine the origin of mixed breed dogs, you really have to go back tow or three generations in many cases.  I own three beagles and can attest they are not full breed beagles, but they are cute pups. I suspect they would grow to be large than the average beagle, which is why I suspect a basset hound heritage may be present.

4. AEvans profile image80
    AEvansposted 4 years ago

They appear to be Beagle/Doxi mixes. It's hard to determine unless one can see the paws, the size, etc. I rescue dogs so there is so much involved when they are a mixed breed; but they are also quite adorable!

5. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Peeples......Looks like so far, all are in agreement that there is definitely a beagle parent.  The more I stare at them, it looks like another strong possibility is, Lab.  They sure are adorable!  Did you adopt them?   The way they are huddled together so closely, for comfort, I'm sure they are siblings.  Precious.

6. alexadry profile image97
    alexadryposted 4 years ago

Why not get one of those DNA tests? You take a swab pass it in the cheek area and then mail the sample and they will give you the results. They may not be totally accurate, but they're fun!