jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What music is suitable for pets?

1. midget38 profile image92
    midget38posted 4 years ago

What music is suitable for pets?

What kinds of music do your pets listen to? What types of music would you recommend? Should pets listen to music?

2. Borsia profile image46
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

My dog seemed to love the Moody Blues, Steely Dan and the Rolling Stones.
    My cats preferred Acoustic Alchemy and Yanni, but only the livelier songs not the elevator tunes.
    My pets seemed to enjoy music so long as it wasn't too loud.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I think most animals enjoy music as much as we humans. My cats listen to whatever I listen to unless it's up too loud. They do run from the room if I put in my CD of Scottish music because the bagpipes drive them nuts. They also hate it if I whistle along with any song. The thing people have to remember is that animals have more sensitive ears than humans so whether it's a soothing ballad or heavy metal, it should never be cranked up so loud it rattles the windows.

4. angryelf profile image93
    angryelfposted 4 years ago

Hmmm, I'd say nature music for them! My pets are forced to listen to almost everything XD but I would think the sound of thunderstorms, creeks/rivers, beaches, and birds would have a soothing effect on them like us. (Also, we've never owned a dog that was afraid of thunderstorms, they seem to like them).

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

Soft instrumental classic music, totally no words just instrument, however my cat doesn't like any songs at all, she prefers to eat , but I had seen my friends cats sleep well with these music

6. midget38 profile image92
    midget38posted 4 years ago

On the benefits of music for our pets read more

7. MizBejabbers profile image91
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

My cats and my dog (now deceased) all seem to dislike the very kind of music I like, hard rock. They preferred softer instrumentals. Then Mr. B started playing the Native American flute – he really is a talented musician so it didn’t take him long to become an expert with the healing flute. Then the pets became enamored with it. They sit with him while he plays, or he uses it to calm them when they are restless. They also like my mystical meditation CDs. Believe it or not, they also like for me to sing them lullabies, and I’m not the world’s greatest singer. I have made them up their own personal songs, and each seems to know which song is special to him or her.

working