jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do thunderstorms scare you? How do you react, and why?

1. srbeckel profile image60
    srbeckelposted 5 years ago

Do thunderstorms scare you? How do you react, and why?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

No, Not at all. In fact I think they are soothing. Now, A Tornado is a different story.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Not really. I am comforted by them really. It's like having a blanket saving me. There is less crime when there is rain and thunder. No one wants to go outside at that time and I see it as moments of peace.

4. Richawriter profile image95
    Richawriterposted 5 years ago

I echo the sentiments of the others. Thunderstorms are so soothing and I always know they are coming. Just before the thunderstorm begins It feels like a blanket has been placed over me and my ears pop with the pressure, as the electric prickles across my skin, the prelude to the main attraction.

I love storms, especially when the thunder is loud and setting off car alarms left right and centre. If you are really lucky, you might get to see a rainbow at the end!

For me, pure bliss!

5. Rebecca2904 profile image78
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

I agree with Richawriter, storms are really soothing - as long as you're not outside getting soaked!- and I love the feeling you get before they come, and how the wind picks up and it gets chilly.
    I don't like being outside when a storm hits, not because I'm scared of thunder or lightening, but because of the other weather phenomenon that often accompanies them. I was out having a bbq by a lake a few weeks ago and a thunder storm hit, we had to cycle home in what felt like a tornado with little rocks hitting us in the face. It was most unpleasant, I can assure you!
    I think adults who are afraid of thunderstorms were probably afraid of them as children as there's nothing really frightening about them, but it's easy to see why a child might think there is. When I was younger my step-sister used to be terrified of the way the wind during a thunderstorm made the letterbox slam against the door as she thought it sounded like there was someone trying to get into the house.