jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the common causes of stress in our pets?

1. midget38 profile image93
    midget38posted 4 years ago

What are the common causes of stress in our pets?

2. Sunshine625 profile image94
    Sunshine625posted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8010490_f260.jpg

For my dog it's fireworks, thunderstorms, the UPS & Fed-Ex delivery trucks. They all stress her out. Oh and me feeding our bunny rabbit before her, she claims I'm playing favorites.

3. alexadry profile image96
    alexadryposted 4 years ago

Other dogs/animals, inappropriate interactions/training methods, noises, scary stimuli, changes,  being left alone, recent moves, a new baby, new pet. I am sure there are many more!

4. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Midget...I had to call a family meeting for this one.  "Taz," my Border Collie, "Toby," my Amer.Cocker Spaniel  and "Tommy Two," my precious Kitty Cat, have offered their own individual comments on what stresses each of them.
    "Taz," is a psycho-dog, so he gets stressed over pretty much anything.....He barks and goes in circles when the phone rings.....and doesn't stop unless I pet him and tell him it's not for him.  He goes berserk when he knows I'm leaving the house & he is NOT coming along.  He lays down and pouts when I'm paying any attention to the other 2.
    Toby becomes extremely stressed when he cannot have his bone AND Taz's bone also.  He goes on a frantic mission of spying and pouncing, until he has been successful in stealing Taz's bone and he is in possession of BOTH BONES.  The vacuum also stresses him.....and if I yell at him he has his signature tantrum.....he rolls over and pees.....to make me feel guilty, like I'm damaging his delicate psyche.
    Tommy Two?  He lets nothing stress him, in the least.  He's cool, calm and in total control at all times.  He tells me, "Mom, I'm a CAT....I'm purr-fect!
    These kids of mine are gonna drive me to the brink!

working