jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Does anyone know what skunks like to eat?

1. misslong123 profile image86
    misslong123posted 4 years ago

Does anyone know what skunks like to eat?

We've been catching them in traps with cat food, but last night we caught a kitty and it was sad.

2. PositronWildhawk profile image78
    PositronWildhawkposted 4 years ago

Skunks are omnivorous, eating both plant and animal material and changing their diets as the seasons change. They eat insects and larvae, earthworms, grubs, small rodents, lizards, salamanders, frogs, snakes, birds, moles, and eggs. They also commonly eat berries, roots, leaves, grasses, fungi, and nuts.

1. misslong123 profile image86
      misslong123posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. We will have to get creative with what we put in the trap tonight.

3. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 4 years ago

I have heard that marsmallows work well, though, have no actual experience with it.

4. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

When I was in high school, I was walking home from school one day and found a small skunk that was injured.  I brought it home and my grandfather put it in a box in the barn.  We had a home farm back then.  I opened a can of tuna and it did eat some.  Although that won't help, because you might catch another kitty.

5. Brandon E Newman profile image69
    Brandon E Newmanposted 4 years ago

I was going to say cat food, but you already know that. Fish will get em too. Dog kibble is what it was after when I had a run-in with one. They will eat anything meaty. Try Bananas, Or cooked Malt o meal. Halloween peeps or milky way bars might get em too. Cats wont eat that stuff