Is my cat sick?

1. profile image59
    EmilySparks2894posted 4 years ago

Is my cat sick?

About a week ago I noticed her eye was puffy. I thought maybe she just had a little cold. Now it looks likes it may be puss filled under the skin, and her hair is beginning to fall out around it. She has been indoors, so she hasn't been in a fight. I have not changed her diet or anything else that I can think of.  She doesn't act sick or anything. What are your ideas? Anything similiar happen to your cat? Suggestions?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Just because she didn't get in a fight doesn't mean she doesn't have an infection. If there is pus present and her hair is falling out she needs to be seen by a vet.  She may have infected herself through routine scratching if her claws were carrying anything.  Eye infections are not uncommon in cats.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

As Christin said, she may have scratched herself. It's also possible she got dust or dirt in her eyes while playing and rubbing them with her paw scratched the eye and/or the surrounding area. I think everyone should go by the rule I learned from a vet. If anything is different about your pet, even if it doesn't look serious, if it isn't better in a few days, take them to the vet. That is especially true if there is puss which means something is infected and she needs antibiotics.