jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Birds,birds birds... should l keep them or give them away before l get too attac

1. rexy profile image68
    rexyposted 3 years ago

Birds,birds birds... should l keep them or give them away before l get too attached to them....

l started of with one Parrot., and than l was give two love birds, between them they had 8 babies... enjoyable and hard work.. when 4 died.. l just wanted to give them away.. than wow... now the hubby got me a present... your guess is as good as mine... another parrot... he is soo adorable... they are hard work.. should l keep them or give them all away.... getting too attached to them all....

2. Shaddie profile image90
    Shaddieposted 2 years ago

If I were you, I would rehome the remaining 4 babies that your lovebirds produced. It sounds like you have 8 birds total, is that correct? That is a lot of birds. Babies are easy to rehome though, because everyone loves baby birds and they have not yet imprinted wholly on anyone just yet.

1. rexy profile image68
      rexyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes there are 8 in total.... and they are inter breeding with each other.... but eggs not hatching.... and 3 large cages are hard work to clean....

2. Shaddie profile image90
      Shaddieposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, sounds like you need to downsize, unless you are selling off the babies they will multiply exponentially.

working